About Me Contact Sponsor Image Map

Friday, July 11, 2014

....and what a week it's been.

Can we all just breathe a big huge sigh of relief that it's Friday, FINALLY? I don't know if it's life, or just me, but man alive, this week dang near killed me. But it's over (or at least it will be in a few hours), and there are supposed to be some big things happening in my world this week, so we are just going to be excited for those things, and cross our fingers that nothing gets in the way. Mmmkay? 

Other things.. 

1 // I had a really difficult assignment that was due this week. I have been working on it a bit for the last month, but the final part of the project was due today. I'm an overachiever though, and turned it in yesterday, so booyah to me. I'm just hoping that I did it correctly the whole way through though. I didn't get much (read: any) direction on it, so I was kind of flying blind, and it would really suck if I got the whole dang thing wrong. 

2 // I'm going to Zumba tomorrow for the first time in almost two weeks, and I am ridiculously excited. I was planning on going on Monday and Tuesday this week, as is my general habit, but when I got back from vacation, I was feeling kind of yucky and sick/achy, so staying home and resting seemed like a much better idea. But it's been a long time since I've been to a class, and I'm itching to just go let loose on the dance floor. 
{Handmade print by ashleyg, found here}
3 // I turn 30 in two weeks from today, and even though I have been freaking out about turning 30 since right around my 13th birthday (apparently 30 was my "scary age"), the closer I get to it, the less I am worrying about it. I think my main issue now is just general disappointment in myself for not being where I had always wanted to be in my life by the time I got to this age. And even though I do know that my life is pretty damn amazing just as it is, missteps and everything, it's tough for me to let go of the image I've had in my head about what my life is "supposed" to look like at this point. 

4 // Apparently, someone in blog world faked their own death yesterday. I just don't understand. If you want attention, okay, I get that...but if you fake your own death, all that happens (at least from the way that she did it) is that people will make fun of you and then completely forget about you. How is that productive? I don't know. The whole thing just seems weird and really sad. I think anyone who would stoop so low as to do something like that must be really sad, and that makes me sad. 

5 // It's only July (also, holy crap, it's already July!), but I am already getting excited about my planners for next year. I know I'm going to have a Whitney English planner again for work, because man alive, has that done wonders for my productivity. And of course, I will also have an Erin Condren for daily life happenings. I keep thinking up ways to become more and more organized in my life, and I absolutely LOVE looking back on used planners that have lots of stuff written down, and stickers, and different colors. There's just something about that that makes me really happy. I know, I'm a total nerd for getting excited about next year's planners already, but I'm too psyched to care. :) 



Cheers to the freakin' weekend, people! :) 

 photo signature-35.png

3 comments:

  1. Lol at the planner excitement! I used to love paper planners but I never used them. Now my stuff is all digital and that works better for me. I do love my Google docs/calendar/task list though!

    I'm really curious about the fake death thing (sorry - sordid, I know, but I don't understand how you can fake your death to people who don't even know you...). I googled it but only found conspiracy theories, "Did Elvis fake his own death?!?!" Do you have a link?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the planner love! I got mine this week and I am too excited. I got it for the blog and for life because I dont have the discipling to write in two!

    Also yes ... the fake death thing was just insane!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think! Leave me a comment - it will make my day!