About Me Contact Sponsor Image Map

Monday, April 29, 2013

Buffalo Chicken Pasta Dinner



I'm in a bit of a transition/holding period in my life right now, and am staying with my wonderful brother and sister-in-law for the time being. Since they have been so gracious in opening their home to me, I wanted to cook them a nice dinner to thank them. I also just really like to cook, and I am excited to try new recipes and actually have people try them! 

Last night, I made a buffalo chicken pasta dish that I found on the blog What's Cooking in the Burbs. My brother has a pretty strong aversion to ranch, bleu cheese, sour cream, cream cheese...basically any kind of white, creamy food, so I was a little concerned that he wouldn't like the dish. But the buffalo flavor is a lot stronger than the bleu cheese flavor in the dish, so as it turned out, he really liked it! It was really quick and easy to put together, and would be a great all-in-one dinner dish for any busy family. 

Buffalo Chicken Pasta 

Ingredients
3-4 cooked chicken breasts, cut into chunks (I just used plain grilled chicken here)
16 oz pasta of your choice 
3 oz cream cheese
1 Cup Milk
1/2 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese (Plus additional 1/4 cup for topping)
2 Tbsp Blue Cheese Dressing (I used a new Buffalo Bleu Cheese dressing that I found....SOOO good!)
1/3 Cup Wing Sauce (I used Frank's Red Hot)
1/2 Cup Panko Bread Crumbs
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 Tsp Salt
1/2 Tsp Pepper

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cook pasta according to directions. In a medium sauce pot, over medium, heat add cream cheese and milk whisk until cream cheese is melted. Add garlic powder, salt, pepper, shredded cheddar, dressing, and wing sauce  Whisk until cheese is melted and ingredients are combined. Mixture will be thick but smooth.

Spray 9x13 dish and add pasta and chicken. Pour wing sauce mixture over it and mix until everything is coated. Top with additional grated cheese and panko. Bake 18 minutes or until cheese is brown and bubbling. Top with green onions or cilantro and additional wing sauce/dressing. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think! Leave me a comment - it will make my day!