About Me Contact Sponsor Image Map

Sunday, April 7, 2013

My Top 5 Favorite iPhone Apps at the moment.


I am constantly on my phone. I use it for emailing, texting, reading, and playing. And since most people are like me, and have a phone glued to their hand for most of the day, I figured I’d share with you all my favorite applications that help me feel like I’m being productive and having fun all at the same time.

1.)     Instagram. I love it because a.) I get to see other people’s lovely photos without having to go through the nonsense that is a Facebook news feed, and b.) I get to post photos of great things and share them with people I love. And not only that, but because the app has all kinds of fun effects for photos, I get to pretend that I’m an awesome photographer. Which I’m totally not.

2.)     Breezy. Holy fantastic productivity, Batman. What is Breezy, you wonder? Well, I’m so glad you asked. Breezy is an application that connects with your home computer and allows you to print wirelessly to your computer at home from anywhere. Let’s say, for instance, that I am at work, and on my lunch break I get a really important email that I know I’ll need to deal with when I get home. Rather than using company resources to print out the email, or wait until I get home and then try to remember it, I can simply print the document from wherever I am using Breezy, and then it will be there waiting for me upon my return. It’s amazing and super easy to install, and basically the best thing ever. BONUS: This fantastic wonderfulness is available for Androids and BlackBerries too. Check it out. And seriously, you’re welcome.

3.)     Pinterest. I know, I know, this is predictable. But whatever dude, I don’t even care. I use Pinterest all the time to find recipes, book suggestions, blog help, clothing ideas, etc. I know anyone out there who has ever been on Pinterest knows exactly what I’m talking about, so I won’t keep going. Suffice to say that it’s basically one of my very favorite things in all of life.

4.)     The Kindle Reader. I am an avid reader. I’m that girl who always has a book in my purse, sometimes more than one, and I pull it out to read when I’m waiting at salons, doctor’s offices, etc. There have even been occasions on which I have pulled out a book to pass the time while waiting in line in the grocery store. Too much? Never. Anyway, the point here is that with the Kindle app, I can easily download all of the ebooks I have on my Kindle (or even purchase more), and all I have to carry around is my cell phone. No more lugging thick books around, no more worrying about losing bookmarks, etc. Now I can just whip out my phone and be transported to another world in two seconds.

5.)     Evernote. When I first started using Evernote, I was not all that impressed. It seemed like just another place to take notes, which I thought was unnecessary, since the iPhone already has a notes app. However, the beauty of Evernote is that the more you use it, the more useful it becomes. You can keep photos, notes, websites, tags, photos, and map pinpoints all in one handy spot. And it syncs your account across any devices you use, so you can use any computer or device to add stuff, and find it on all your other devices. AND you can search all your notes. It also has an option to take a photo of pages, so you can include entire pages in your notes. Handy? I think so.

Best part about all of these apps? They’re free. Heck yes.

What are your favorite apps? Leave me some suggestions! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think! Leave me a comment - it will make my day!