About Me Contact Sponsor Image Map

Friday, January 17, 2014

Confessional Friday

It's Friday, so that means that *thankfully* I can just piggyback off of Leslie's awesome link up idea, and confess stuff, rather than try to organize my still more-than-is-normal befuddled brain into enough order to write something worthwhile. 

And without further ado, let's get to confessing!



I confess // that I just moved clear across the country last week, from Minnesota to Nevada. Back to Las Vegas, actually. 

I confess // that although I am LOOOOVING the sunshine and mountains and beautiful weather and being close to my sisters and nephews again, I miss Boyfriend so much, it hurts. 

I confess // that sometimes in life, I feel like I am a complete and total mess. But I saw this quote somewhere the other day (and I'm so sorry, I can't remember where - maybe Twitter??) that someone had heard from their therapist - "You are not a mess. You are a feeling person in a messy world." I immediately wrote that down and stuck it up somewhere I can see it all the time, to remind myself that even when I feel like I'm going stark raving crazy, having feelings, even confusing ones, is normal. 

I confess // that there is a distinct possibility I am going to bake stuff this weekend. Because I love it, and it helps me clear my head.

I confess // that I am feeling really gross and huge lately, and NEED to get my act together and get back into working out and eating better. Ha...I say "get back into it" as if I ever had a regular work out schedule. Basically, I need to GET INTO IT in general. So I'll work on that. Miss Liz has a bunch of delicious looking clean-eating recipes on her blog that I am interested to try, so maybe I will use one of those for my new recipe in January

I confess // that I love America, but I am distinctly not a fan of our current president. I honestly cannot think of one single thing he has done in his entire presidential career that has been any kind of helpful for the country, and it makes me nervous and a little queasy, if we're being honest. And don't even get me started on all this stupid insurance stuff.. Socialized medicine is NOT the way to go, and things are only going to get worse from here, thanks to his stupid plan. I can feel my blood pressure rising just thinking about it. 

I confess // I have been feeling somewhat convicted (although I think that might be too strong a word) lately about how much stuff I have. I really want to try and organize and de-clutter my life a little bit, and get rid of things that I never use. I have always been one of those "oh, well I might use it someday, so I may as well keep it even though I haven't used it in 2 years because if I do end up needing it but I've gotten rid of it then I'm going to have to buy a new one and who wants to do that when I have a perfectly good one right here?" kind of people, and it's really just led to me having more stuff than any person needs, and it's obnoxious. So I need to work on it. 

I confess // that I have a lot of business ideas in my head, but no money to make them happen. If anyone happens to have a couple hundred thousand bucks laying around and wants to send them my way, I wouldn't hate it. 

I confess // that I'm going to back my azz up with Miss Whitty-Pants with a song that has been on repeat in my house for a few days....because sometimes, you just need a reminder that you're awesome, even if you don't feel it. 


I confess // that I am going out on the town tonight, and I am oh-so-excited!! One of my old girlfriends from Minnesota who moved to Vegas last year while I was out here and I are getting together for pizza and drinks at the Cosmopolitan (one of my favorite places on the Strip), and then going to a comedy show at Bally's.  And I am totally freaking excited. 

So on that note, I'm out. Have a fabulous weekend, people!!



 photo signature-35.png
Check out my fabulous sponsor!

4 comments:

  1. "You are a feeling person in a messy world" - I love that. I need to post-it note that right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I confess that I am glad you are here and that I hope you do bake this weekend ;-) and I may have to try to join you on the uncluttering thing... cause I am really good at that as we all know ;-) and I like to post anonymously - like you don't know it is me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I confess that I feel just like you with the getting healthy and exercise. It's so frustrating because I feel like I should be able to just get up workout and eat right but its not that easy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, I can't believe I missed this! Why did you move to LV!? That is kind of awesome!! I've only been once and I just remember it was HOT. I went in July. And coming from a South Florida girl that is saying something, haha!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think! Leave me a comment - it will make my day!