Here's how this works: You get nominated by a blogger (in order to be eligible, you have to have fewer than 200 followers). Then you get to share 11 random facts about yourself, and answer 11 questions posed to you by the person(s) who nominated you. THEN, you get to nominate 11 other people and ask them 11 questions. And then a bunch of questions and random facts later, everybody knows everybody a lot better. Yay!
So to start - 11 random facts about yours truly:
- I have some pretty terrible circulation, which means my hands, and especially my feet, are always freezing cold.
- I have been in nine car accidents in my life. I was only driving in two of them, and only one of them could be considered my fault (even though I still maintain that it wasn't). I did manage to total both cars I was driving though, so you know...there is that.
- I was 17 when I had my first kiss.
- I used to have the BIGGEST crush on Jonathan Taylor Thomas. Those baby blues....mmmm MMM. My dad liked to call him Timmy Tyler Tomlinson to make fun of me. And the fact that he went by all three names.
- I am ridiculously uncoordinated. I try, I really do, but for some reason, I just can't seem to make my arms and legs and everything all work together the way my head tries to get them to. I always end up looking like one of those poor kids still in puberty who hasn't grown into their body yet, which is just stupid, because I already did puberty once, and it sucked, and I'm 29 years old for crying out loud, so can't I just be graceful already??
- I have a really hard time coming up with 11 random things about myself because I'm really not that interesting!
- I don't make friends easily. As a result, I don't have very many. Sometimes that gets lonely.
- I absolutely hate - HATE - winter and all things associated with it (except Christmas - I LOVE Christmas). I don't like cold, or snow, or days that are gray and cloudy, or ice, or slippery roads, or early sunsets, or any of those things. I am definitely someone who suffers from SAD. Definitely.
- I want to be healthy and toned and all that, but I really don't like working out. I don't like being all sweaty and out of breath. Hopefully, this will change in the coming months, since one of the things I want to work on next year is getting more healthy. I hear that endorphins make a pretty powerful drug, so hopefully I'll be "addicted" to that shortly.
- I used to hate eggs. Like, hate them so much that just the thought of them, the smell of them, was enough to make my gag. A few months ago, however, Boyfriend made me an egg sandwich after a particularly hot and grueling walk/run one morning. It was the yolky kind of egg - I don't know what that's called. But anyway, I surprised myself by finding it delicious. And now I make egg sandwiches like that for myself.
- And speaking of things I don't like, I hate seafood. Anything that swims is basically disgusting to me. But I keep trying - once a year, at least, I try shrimp, or fish, or lobster, or crab, or whatever. I have found myself liking the shrimp a couple of times in certain ways, but not so much any of the other things.
And now on to the questions!!
- Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging because my life had just turned completely upside down. I needed some kind of an outlet. I had been reading blogs for a while, I just decided that maybe blogging would be a good idea. I would have loved to write everything down in a journal, but for some reason I just haven't been able to do that yet. So I figure out other ways to tame the chaos in my brain.
- Do you have any pets? If so, what kind?
No, I don't have any pets right now. I used to be an anti-pet person, but ever since I lived with my sister and Snarfles, all I want in life is a puppy. Okay, that's not really all I want in life, but I definitely really do want a puppy.
- What is your favorite thing about your job?
I like the flexibility that comes with working for myself.
- What is your favorite destressing activity?
I think that depends on the kind of stress I'm experiencing. Sometimes I will stress eat, and sometimes I stress starve (both incredibly healthy options, obviously. #sarcasmfont). Sometimes I have dance parties with myself. Sometimes I just need to create something. But when it's really bad, I like to go for long drives - I turn the music up, roll the windows down (even when it's cold), and just drive.
- How do you spend a typical day off from work?
Reading, blogging, catching up on TV shows (or rewatching shows I love), going for walks.
- What is your favorite city?
Las Vegas, hands down. I love that place, and I miss it like you wouldn't believe.
- If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Um... I'd eat at Hu Hot for the rest of my life. Does that count? Otherwise, I'd probably say apples.
- If you had a time machine, what would be the first place and time you would visit?
Well shoot, if I can go to unlimited times and places, I'd visit the town where Boyfriend grew up, and see what he was like in high school. He'd probably yell at me for saying that and tell me it would be a waste of a trip, but I think it would be interesting. Plus I bet he was just adorable, and that would be fun to see.
- What movie would you like to see have a sequel or a remake?
Pitch Perfect. Although I hear that's already got one in the works, so I'll pick uhhh..... Crazy, Stupid Love, instead. And not a remake, but a sequel. Mostly because I want to see Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling together because they're like, a completely adorable movie couple.
- If you could choose any book, TV show, or movie character as your new best friend, who would you choose? HOLY CRAP THIS QUESTION IS TOO HARD DO I HAVE TO PICK ONLY ONE?? Hannah from Crazy, Stupid Love. Jo March from Little Women. Kathleen Kelley from You've Got Mail. Joe Fox from You've Got Mail. Or mostly any character Tom Hanks ever plays. Or Mark Wahlberg, except his character in Fear, because he was creepy there. SEE? IT'S HARD TO PICK!!
- What one song would you never want to hear again?
Pretty much any song on Miley's latest album except "Wrecking Ball". (Sorry to everybody who likes her...just kidding, I'm not sorry at all.)
And the nominees are...
And actually I don't know too many bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers, so you only get 9 nominations instead of 11. Please be sure to check out all of the amazing bloggers I nominated - they are all so much fun to get to know.