About Me Contact Sponsor Image Map

Friday, April 25, 2014

Friday stuff.

Today is the last day of this work week. Thank goodness, because it's been a rough one. I wasn't originally planning on blogging today, but then after I had a walk this morning, I decided I was in the mood. So here I am with some randoms.

My favorite kinds of drivers are the ones who will cut you off while looking right at you. The other day, I had just turned onto my street, and someone turned right out of the gas station, literally right in front of me and I had to slam on my brakes, and was looking at me the whole time they did it. Really? RUDE.

Confession: I have felt like I am drowning in work this whole week and I have had about enough of it. And it's no longer just because sometimes I get in my own way by being a bit disorganized... At this point, it's just because I literally have so much to do that I could probably work 24/7 for a month solid and then I still might not be caught up. Sigh. Being an adult is like, THE most overrated thing ever.

2048 is the best/worst game ever. It's a lot of fun to play (for some weird reason), but it's also frustrating as shit because just when you think you've got it, and you're going to get the tile, the whole thing comes crashing down because you swiped the wrong direction, or got a two instead of a four for your new number. WTF, game makers?? Are you trying to make me hate my life?

I gave up Starbucks (and Dunkin, and coffee shops/bakeries in general) for Lent. And now it's been five whole days since Easter and I have still only had one thing from Starbucks. I'm kind of proud of myself for that.

Confession: I am supposed to be running the Bad Ass Dash in four weeks, and I'm quite convinced I am going to die. It's four miles of obstacles, so clearly, I need to get training. Gonna start the Couch to 5K routine tonight...wish me luck.

Speaking of working out, I'd like to know how long it usually takes for people's bodies to just feel great after they start a workout program. Kaylee and I were talking today about how most people are all like, "Oh boy, working out is so great, and it feels so good, blah blah blah", and we're all over here like, "Uh, no, my body just hurts, like ALL THE TIME." I mean the endorphins are great, but when I'm walking around like a 90-year-old woman with crippling arthritis, what am I really gaining?? ....other than that the endorphins will make me happy enough to not kill my husband, that is. ;)

I wish I had more time to read. I just want to read books all the time, because it is so much more fun and less stressful than actually dealing with real life.

One thing that I wish Las Vegas had that it doesn't is a major league baseball team. I really don't like watching baseball on TV because it's really slow moving and boring, but it is actually pretty fun to watch in person. There's an amateur team, I think, but it's not quite the same.

I really don't want to go workout. I'm totally not in the mood to really do anything except sit down with a book and a beer and zone out from the week I've had.

And on that note, I'll just #backthatazzup for you and leave you all with this awesomeness. Happy weekend, everybody.
Team by Lorde on Grooveshark




Venus Trapped in Mars




 photo signature-35.png

6 comments:

  1. Oh I agree. Being an adult is so overrated. I remember being in high school and wanting to be an adult so bad and have a job so I can make money. But all the money goes to bills anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a rough week. I hope you gave that dude the finger when he did that. the nerve of some folks. hell some folks dont need a car or licenses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally hear you on the work front. I've been feeling that way, too. And just when you think you CAN get things under control, another load of work gets dumped on you. SOS! SOS! SOS! haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. A million link ups! and I'm quite excited you blogged. SEE I TOLD YOU ITS NICE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally agree, being an adult is THE most overrated thing ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I had more time to read too girl. I feel like there are so many books out there. That is so awesome that you are still cutting back on your coffee shops even after Easter, you go girl! I bet your wallet is happy. I hope you had an awesome weekend. Hope all is well too girl.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think! Leave me a comment - it will make my day!