Some things I don't understand:
- Gender reveal parties. I mean, okay, sure it can be cute and all that... but like....really? Pregnancy announcements, sure (bonus points if they're clever). Baby showers, fine. But a whole big party just to announce the gender of your little one? It seems kind of silly to me, and like a lot of work for something that everyone is going to find out in a couple of months anyway. This I do not understand.
- People who put stuff about their lives out on the interwebs and then get mad when people make negative comments about it. Sure, I get that it can kind of suck when people say mean stuff. The internet, especially, makes it easy for cowards to sit anonymously behind their computer screens, merrily saying all kinds of negative and discouraging things to other people, and it can hurt to be the recipient of that. But...you put all your stuff out on in literally THE most public way possible. Some people are going to like it, and some aren't. Why bother getting bent out of shape about it? This I do not understand.
- How in the world people like the Kardashians or Paris Hilton are famous. The Kardashians got famous because one of the promiscuous daughters leaked her own sex tape. Or someone else leaked it. Whatever (but my money is on her leaking it herself). Paris Hilton is only famous because she is rich and ... wait for it ... leaked her own sex tape. SERIOUSLY? Why aren't people shaking their heads at that kind of shameless narcissism and finding something more productive to do?? Why aren't we demanding more from people who are, by their positions in society, serving as role models to our children? This I do not understand.
- People who aren't watching Impractical Jokers. Seriously people, get on that. It's the most hilarious thing you'll ever see, I will pretty much guarantee it. Why do you not already have your DVR set to record every single episode? This I do not understand.
- Bloggers who are constantly complaining that no one is reading their posts or commenting. Good grief people... If you want people to read what you're writing, stop only writing about the fact that no one is reading. If you want people to comment, actually write something worth reading that people can relate to, so they will want to get to know you more. But mostly, just stop worrying about it. If you write a bunch of stuff and people like it, that's awesome. If you write a bunch of stuff and no one reads it, oh well. Aren't you writing for yourself anyway? What the heck do you care if a bunch of faceless people you've never met before aren't eating up your every word? This I do not understand.
- The way people will pay thousands and thousands of dollars for a college education, and then proceed to act like complete hooligans all the way through college. What is the point of paying all that money and spending four years in school if not to actually, oh I don't know, LEARN the material? If all you want to do is just dick around and drink a lot for four years, there are a lot of cheaper ways to do it than by going to college. This I do not understand.
- Why Chipotle doesn't deliver. I mean, for real. Is there actually anyone in this country who doesn't like Chipotle? (If there is, don't tell me, because I'm a terrible person and I'll probably judge you mercilessly and assume that you're spawn of Satan, since Chipotle is pretty much the foodification of all things amazing.) If they offered delivery....holy cow, they would make BANK on it. And yet they don't....which is just really sad. This I do not understand.
There are a lot more things that should be on this list, but I can't find my notebook where I wrote them all down that one time I had a moment of inspiration, so they won't be appearing in this entry. Maybe someday when I find it/get my life together a little bit, I'll do a part two.
What things do you not understand?