About Me Contact Sponsor Image Map

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

I'm really bad at this...

In the last few months, I've seen a few posts here and there where people wrote lists of things at which they are skilled. Like, some people take really short showers. Which is a talent, actually, because even though I too get annoyed with the long-drawn out ridiculousness that is the process of a girl taking a shower and getting ready for the day, I am a big fan of giving the actual shower the lions share of that time frame. Which means I have absolutely no problem whatsoever taking a 30 minute shower and then spending exactly five minutes on post-shower-about-to-leave-the-house prep.

But anyway, so I was thinking about writing a list of things that I do really well. But then I realized that that's kind of a short list, and also not very entertaining, so I scrapped the idea and went on about my merry way. And then Miss Allie Pants wrote a post yesterday about stuff she's bad at, which was awesome, and I was instantly like, "I NEED TO DO THAT."

So. Let's begin.

1 // Staying awake. I am TERRIBLE at this. Which is weird, because a lot of times I have this weird insomnia stuff, but basically, any time Boyfriend and I sit down to watch a movie or something, and it's after the really really late hour of 7pm, it's pretty much a given that I'll be sawing logs long before the movie is over. He doesn't even ask me anymore what movie to watch on a given evening .. instead, he asks what movie I'd like to fall asleep to, and then gives me grief for being the worst movie watching companion ever. And I can't even complain because he's totally right.
This is me, about 17 minutes into the movie. Every time. 
2 // Keeping my clothes organized. Honestly, if I didn't know better, I'd swear that there are little gremlins who come out when I'm not looking and throw all of my clothes into complete disarray. One second everything is folded and organized properly, and then I turn my back for two bloody seconds, and all of a sudden it looks like a damn tornado came through my room. Madness, I tell you.




3 // Walking in a straight line and/or being coordinated at all. When I'm tired, especially, I seem to lose all depth perception I may have otherwise had (which probably wasn't much to begin with, let's be honest). And then I do things like walk into walls, fall over couches, and generally look like a seal on dry land. Even when I'm not tired, I really can't be trusted to have any concept of where I am in relation to a countertop, a wall, a curb.... Gotta watch me every minute.

4 // Not dancing amazingly. (See what I did there??) Boyfriend likes to tell me that I'm not a good dancer, but really, despite the aforementioned clumsiness, I am actually quite the exceptional dancer, and I'm pretty sure Boyfriend is just jealous of my moves. I mean, I trained Chandler Bing for crying out loud. And he's awesome, which means that clearly, I'm awesome too. Just look at all this evidence.
 

And last, but not least...

5 // Eating healthy, especially when I'm stressed. Does this really need more explanation?




 photo signature-35.png

8 comments:

  1. I am so agreeing with you on all of these, especially the staying awake one, and the coordinated one.. I run into walls and fall up stairs at least once daily haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am an awesome dancer, even my 4 year old begs me to dance with her. Okay she might be the only one but whatever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The closet. My God - my room does that thing where I clean it and 20 seconds later, it looks like a hurricane went through! I understand your gremlin problem. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha #5 was my favorite line from that movie! Too true.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i face my problems BY eating all of the things! oh and how did you find gifs of me dancing?? :) I am so all of these things! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could have written this list. Surprise, surprise!!!

    Love that you used a Jensen GIF. Supernatural is my jam. Also, I'm still pretty obsessed with Jared Padalecki. It's ok, I judge myself too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha this is hilarious!! The brothers and sisters of your gremlins must live in my closet! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think! Leave me a comment - it will make my day!