About Me Contact Sponsor Image Map

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Two Truths and a Lie - Reveal

A couple of weeks ago, I posted two truths and a lie, and challenged you all to guess which one was the truth. I got a few email guesses, and a couple of comments, and only one of you guys got it right.

So, to review, here were the three things I said:
1.) I once held a job as a telemarketer.
2.) I have eaten fertilized, partially matured duck eggs.
3.) I can dislocate my shoulders.


Sadly, item number three is the lie. I was a telemarketer for a credit card machine company. I got the job because I was struggling a lot, and my friend's dad owned the company so he gave me a shot... But it was terrible. It's really just as bad as anyone probably thinks, only way, way worse. And I showed up faithfully, every single day, for an entire summer, and ONLY MADE $240. During the ENTIRE SUMMER.

Bad idea? Yep.

And, in case anyone cares, the duck eggs were awful, too. Like, just awful. I ate it when I was in the Philippines. It's called balut (pronounced bah-loot), and it's considered a delicacy there. You eat it by first cracking the shell and making a tiny little hole so you can drink/slurp out the egg white part. And then when that's gone, you can just go ahead and rip off the top part of the shell, and then bite right on into the little guy inside. You can feel the bones crunching and everything. 

I mean absolutely no offense to the culture or anything at all, but I'll be damned if that doesn't hold the title for the grossest thing I've ever eaten in my life. 

So, if you feel so inclined, you can still share two truths and a lie with me! I'd love to hear what you've got, and take a guess. :) 

 photo signature-35.png

2 comments:

  1. omg I cannot even handle the story about the duck eggs. GROSS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay I was going to try to do this but I suck at this game apparently.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think! Leave me a comment - it will make my day!