About Me Contact Sponsor Image Map

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Yikes.

I'm not sure I have anything remotely interesting or useful to say at the moment. But I feel my insides bubbling up like something needs to be said, which is usually an indication that I should sit down and write something, so my head can figure out what the heck is going on. So here you go. 

Good news - I got a temp job! It's only for a couple of weeks, but it's full time, and will give me something to do to get out of the house/make me feel like I am once again a (mildly) productive member of society. It actually starts tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it, though I am not at all psyched about the fact that I will have to get up and be presentable by 7:30 in the mornings. Because in case you've missed it, I don't do mornings. 

Boyfriend and I took advantage of the sunshine and somewhat warmer temps today and went to the pool for a couple of hours in the middle of the day today. Playing hooky (or going along when someone else is playing hooky) is always fun, so that was neat, plus I got a little color. Which is awesome, cuz the weather has been ass backwards and cold lately, and this lil lady has been losing her tan. Not cool, Minnesota summer. 

Here's a picture: 
cutest dogs
I really, really miss my sister's dog. Who isn't actually named Snarfles, but I call him that anyway. 

We are going to The Melting Pot for a belated birthday dinner tomorrow night. I'm ridiculously excited. I plan to eat and drink far more than is necessary, and generally feel like absolute well-fed crap for the entire 90 minute drive back home tomorrow night. It. will. be. awesome. And also, it's even more awesome because this was a whole big birthday surprise thingy, and I had thought that Boyfriend's bday thing for me was taking me to Noah's Ark last week, but then he added The Melting Pot (aka my favorite restaurant of all time) into the mix, and I totally swooned. 

I think I actually put together a pretty cute outfit today. None of you get to see it, since I have yet to jump into the #ootd pool, but I was pretty proud of myself. Maybe I'll wear it again one of these days and post it on Instagram. Ya'll will have to follow that if you wanna see it. 

Sometimes in life you just need a grape soda. I had one last night and it was glorious. Oh, and I also made jalapeno popper grilled cheese last night, which I think I was inspired to do because of a blog post I saw floating around recently, but I really can't remember, so if it was you and I'm not properly giving credit, I'm really sorry, it's not intentional. Anyway, I was kind of excited at the prospect because a.) grilled cheese, and b.) jalapenos, and c.) grilled cheese again, but I was kind of disappointed in the final result. I think it could have been because I made them with cream cheese mixed together with a Mexican blend cheese with diced jalapeno, and I'm not always a huge fan of cream cheese just out there like that.... but it also could have been because I'm extra-terrible at making said sandwiches in the frying pan, instead of on my handy-dandy George Foreman Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine (holy long product name, Batman), which is currently residing somewhere in my storage unit in Vegas. Next time I make jalapeno grilled cheese, I'll just dice up the peppers and throw them on top of some Velveeta slices and call it a day. 

I think that's about all I've got for you today. Since I really didn't say anything at all of substance, I'll just leave you with pictures of the two cutest children I've ever seen in my whole entire life. 



          Cheers. 



post signature

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes there is nothing like soda for me! Now I kind of want a grape one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving "Snarffles" as a name. Reminds me of Thundercats. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think! Leave me a comment - it will make my day!