About Me Contact Sponsor Image Map

Thursday, September 5, 2013

"I can give you advice, I'm GREAT at advice."





Ten points to you if you can name the movie from which my post title is pulled.



Moving on. I'm one of those really ridiculously annoying people (yes, I'll admit it) who likes to give advice for like, everything anyone tells me. It's like, the minute someone tells me a story, my little brain just goes wild over all the different ways that my oh-so-brilliant ideas could cure whatever ails them (literally or metaphorically), and I get super excited to tell them my ideas. Because hello, who doesn't want to hear all of my awesome thoughts?!

.....besides basically everyone who hasn't asked for them. Whoops.



But the point is this: basically, I know some stuff. And most, if not all, of the gems I'm about to share with you are ones I have received from others, and now pass on to you. These little nuggets have come in real handy on more than one occasion. So you're welcome. 

- Stay hydrated. There is not much worse than a dehydration-induced headache, or its accompanying grumpiness. Drink a lot of water. Your body will thank you. Just don't be this guy:

- Lefty-loosy, righty-tighty. Ever gotten confused about which way things are supposed to be screwed into other things, like when you're putting together a bookshelf, or a desk, or something? There's your answer. 

- Changing behavior does not change the person. If you tell me that I do XYZ thing that bothers you, and you'd like me to stop doing it, you're not asking me to change who I fundamentally am as a person; you're simply asking me to change a behavior. People are separate from their behaviors. Sort of like this... 

..only not really. :) 

- Taking responsibility for your behavior is powerful. The minute you accept responsibility for every little thing you do, and purpose to live a life of intentionality, the world opens up to you. You instantly take the driver's seat in your life, which means that you actually have control over almost everything that happens to you. Don't like something about your life or situation? Change it. You've got the power. 



 photo signature-35.png

1 comment:

  1. this is the type of advice I can dig. YES
    especially the righty tighty lefty loosey. I literally wouldn't get through life without that!

    Helene in Between

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think! Leave me a comment - it will make my day!