About Me Contact Sponsor Image Map

Friday, May 24, 2013

Confessional Friday: {Link-Up}


Today I am linking up with Leslie from A Blonde Ambition for Confessional Friday!

1.)    I confess that I am borderline terrified of passing semi-trucks on the road. I get scared they will run right over my car and kill me in some really painful awful way, since they’re huge and I’m not. When I was working for a law firm a few years ago, we worked on a case where a semi-truck had done exactly that – changed lanes over onto another vehicle. The top of the car got ripped off, and everybody in the car died. Yuck.

2.)   I confess that I don’t like to subscribe to the whole “food for fuel” notion. I mean, it’s a great idea in theory…being healthy, only eating the things your body needs, instead of stuffing it full of things it doesn’t… but the truth is, so many of the things that my body doesn’t need per se taste really good. So I eat them. And I love it.

3.)   I confess that I still read Cosmopolitan. There’s no real reason for this, other than that somehow, I have been subscribed to the magazine for almost seven years now, but have never once actually purchased a subscription. I’m not sure what that’s about, but either way, I still get it in my mailbox every month, so I figure I may as well read it. It’s really like getting the exact same magazine every month, just with a different celebrity on the cover, though, so that’s annoying.

4.)   I confess that I have gotten really lazy/terrible at putting things in my planner. I feel like right now, while I’m out of a job and everything, that my life is just very ho-hum, and there’s not really much differentiation between my days, so I don’t write stuff down. I should really start doing that again, and making myself do interesting things with my days, lest I succumb to couch-potato-ness.

5.)   I confess that I love driving long distances. I roll the windows town, turn the music up, throw my little foot up on the dashboard, and cruise. I like the feeling of the wind in my hair, I like singing at the top of my lungs, I like watching the road disappear beneath me. Going for a long drive is my favorite way to clear my head.

6.)   I confess that the Blog Every Day in May Challenge is a lot harder than I thought it was going to be. Not only is it tough for me to come up with posts for some of the prompts, but in the off chance you haven’t noticed, I’m somewhat terrible at consistent posting. Hopefully I’ll get better at it as we continue here, but I won’t hold my breath. I’ll probably be finishing up the challenge in June.

What are your confessions? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think! Leave me a comment - it will make my day!