About Me Contact Sponsor Image Map

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Day 1: The Story of My Life




In an effort to write more frequently, I decided to take part in the Blogging Every Day in May challenge. I know I’m coming into it a few days behind, so I’ll be posting quite a few things in the next couple days as I get caught up. 

But anyway, without further ado, here’s post number one, the story of my life in 250 words or fewer:

I was born on July 25th, the fourth of six children. I grew up in a small town in Wisconsin, and was home-educated all the way up through high school. I attended college for two and a half years at a private Christian school in Chicago, but then dropped out because I didn’t like my major (Political Science), had lost motivation, and didn’t think that spending $30k/year on an education I didn’t really want was really worth it. I lived in Chicago for another year after I left school, and then moved to Minneapolis. I spent five years in Minneapolis, and had probably the majority of my formative young adult life experiences there – making and losing friendships, dating, job changes, etc.  After five years in Minneapolis, I moved to Las Vegas for a year. I lived with my youngest sister, who was attending school for interior design, and spent a lot of time at my older sister’s house, hanging out with her, her husband, and my two beautiful nephews.


 
Me and my oldest nephew
 The view from my apartment in Las Vegas

 Me and my youngest nephew


I have gone through a lot of ups and downs in my life, and a lot of very difficult experiences. However, each experience has taught me something, and I know I am a better person for having survived each challenge.

So that’s me in a nutshell! J What’s your story? 

2 comments:

I'd love to know what you think! Leave me a comment - it will make my day!