About Me Contact Sponsor Image Map

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Day 26: A Little Light Reading...



I really enjoy reading. I love the smell of ink and paper and binding glue. I love feeling the gentle weight of a book in my hand. I love literally being able to watch myself get through books as I turn each page, and the right side gets thinner and thinner. So other than some a lot of blogs, I don't do a whole lot of reading online. There are, however, some sites that I go to on a regular basis. 

PostSecret. I first learned about this site probably four or five years ago, and I've been legitimately obsessed ever since. I love the idea of letting go of secrets, of being able to tell the world your secret and keep it, all at the same time. I love the sense of community that site has been able to build, and the way that people's lives have been altered. I myself have never sent in a postcard secret, but maybe I will someday. Until then, I will just read everyone else's, and enjoy the small moments of camaraderie. 

Pinterest: Yes, I know that technically, you don't read Pinterest. But I check it out all the time anyway, and pin stuff. Plus there are sometimes really funny memes on there, and I read those. So it counts. And yes, this was me when I first discovered Pinterest, back in the day. ---->>> 







Also, I really like my Kindle (even though it's different than reading real books), so I read a lot of ebooks, which means I spent a lot of time on the websites of libraries to which I hold cards, or on Amazon, reading descriptions and recommendations of books. Reading is the bomb.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think! Leave me a comment - it will make my day!