About Me Contact Sponsor Image Map

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Day 12: I'm Definitely A Country Mouse...Kind Of


I am a person who loves. I love people, I love places, I love things. I don't really do half-hearted, so anything that I like, I love, and then when I can't have it anymore, I miss it.

And right now, having spent the last ten years of my life living in a city... I find myself missing the country.

I miss the smell of the ground after a spring rain. I miss the way it looks like heaven opened up a little bit, when the sun shines through the clouds. I miss lightning bugs, and mud between my toes, and the sound of the river on a quiet night. I miss the stars.

There is something truly magical about a perfect night in the country. The air is different there, filled with more promise and less tension. The sky looks different, bigger. Spider webs are beautiful instead of annoying, because on a dewy morning, the spider webs in the fields look like diamonds.

I don't want to live in the country again, or even in a really small town. But there is something so sweet, so amazing, about being able to go back to that kind of simple beauty. When life gets crazy, it's a refreshing change of pace. At my dad's house, on a clear night, you can see the Milky Way galaxy, like a white stripe across the sky. It's incredible. You don't get views like that in the city.

What do you miss?





In an effort to write more frequently, I decided to take part in the Blogging Every Day in May challenge. I know I’m coming into it a few days behind, so I’ll be posting quite a few things in the next couple days as I get caught up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think! Leave me a comment - it will make my day!