About Me Contact Sponsor Image Map

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Day 24: The Top Three....

Today’s challenge is to name my top three worst traits. Does that actually sound fun to anybody? Figuring out my three biggest flaws and putting them on display for the whole world isn’t really at the top of my list of great ways to spend an afternoon, but I suppose I’ll give it a shot. Don’t judge.


1.)    I overthink everything. And I do mean everything. Whether it’s a school paper, a fight with a friend, or whatever else, I am always thinking and re-thinking about it. I can talk myself into the worst possible scenario every time, which probably wouldn’t be such a bad thing if I could at least manage to talk myself back out of them. But I haven’t quite mastered that art yet, so right now, I just overthink. Apparently, this is my life's motto -->



2.)   I have a very difficult time trusting people. And also, I trust people too much. And even though those two statements probably seem mutually exclusive, or at the very least contradictory, they’re both very true. I am a pretty nice person…I’m never mean on purpose, I am not vindictive, I really try to treat people nicely all of the time (I fail at that, a lot, but I do try). So being devious, dishonest, or mean doesn’t really occur to me as something I could do, or something that someone else might do to me, which is how the whole “trusting too easily” thing happens. However, since I trust easily, as one might suspect would happen, I am often mistreated, which only serves to make me start to expect it. So I trust people, hoping that I’ll be proven right, but still expecting to be hurt, which is a weird kind of circle/non-circle in my head that shouldn’t make sense to anyone because it’s kind of crazy, but somehow makes sense to me. The problem is that sometimes, due to my overthinking and general distrust of most people, I think I bring some of the problems I experience on myself, because I tend to go looking for trouble where there is none.

3.)   I have been known, at times, to act like I’m perfect, and everyone else is wrong. It was recently brought to my attention that sometimes I act like a victim, which stung because a.) no one really likes to hear that about themselves, and b.) I think it’s actually true. Obviously, I don’t mean to do this, but the fact remains that I do have a tendency to think of myself as being always right, and anyone who disagrees with me or wrongs me is always wrong. Such is not actually the case, however. 
Sometimes I really need to just get my head out of my own behind and take a good long look in the mirror before I start pointing fingers at everybody else. I am not always wrong, but neither am I always right, and I really need to make sure I don’t come across to people like I think I am better or more right than they are. And I need to seriously examine my own behavior before I confront anyone else about theirs, so I don’t end up accusing someone of some terrible “crime” without realizing that I myself do the exact same thing.

What do you think are your biggest flaws? Leave me a link to your post in the comments!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think! Leave me a comment - it will make my day!