About Me Contact Sponsor Image Map

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Day 4: My Favorite Quote




In an effort to write more frequently, I decided to take part in the Blogging Every Day in May challenge. I know I’m coming into it a few days behind, so I’ll be posting quite a few things in the next couple days as I get caught up.


I love quotes. I am nowhere near as eloquent or deep as I like to think I am, so I often rely on quotes to convey how I am feeling, or to share a message I don’t know how to say on my own. However, there are a few quotes that I love just a little bit more than all the rest, and even though I’m only supposed to pick one, I’m going to share them all here anyway. J



“Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than you.” – Dr. Seuss
There are so many reasons that I love this quote, but the main one is that it really helps me feel like being me is something special, and that I should revel in my me-ness, because really, nobody else does it better! That’s inspiring for days when I feel like I am failing at everything.


“The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts.” – Marcus Aurelius 
This quote serves as an excellent reminder to me to make sure that my thoughts point me in the direction I want to go. I am a staunch believer in the notion that a person’s thoughts determine their disposition and their reactions to life, so this quote helps me remember to think positively all the time (which doesn’t always happen, by the way….but I do try).


“Life becomes infinitely easier once you learn to accept an apology you never got.” – Unknown
I have no idea where I first saw this quote, but I’ll be damned if it’s not one of the most true statements ever made. As I am sure is the case with everyone, I have been in a lot of situations where people have wronged me terribly, and have never apologized. For a long time, I would harbor resentment against these people, and would allow myself to get angry at them. And then I realized that my being angry at them doesn’t do anything to them, but it sure does make my life way less fun than it could be. So I made a point to forgive people, even if they’re not sorry. Forgiveness is more for the forgiver than the forgive, after all, and I can’t even begin to tell you how much better my life and general attitude has been since I made this change.


What about you? What’s your favorite quote, and why do you like it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think! Leave me a comment - it will make my day!