Day 19, Sunday: Five of your favorite blogs and what you love about them - because I already did something exactly like this on Day 5, and I'm not particularly in the mood to do it again.
Day 20, Monday: Get real. Share something you're struggling with right now - this one I'm skipping because I just shared a difficulty!! How many of my secrets do you people need to know?!
Day 21, Tuesday: A list of links to your favorite posts in your archives - and this one I'm skipping because I don't think I have enough posts to pick out my favorites. Maybe one day next year.
...MOVING ON...Today's challenge is to rant, about anything. I was thinking about doing only a singular rant, and then I realized that a lot of things annoy me, so I’m just going to rant about a bunch of annoying things(in no particular order). I’m embarrassingly excited about doing this.
- People who don’t park straight. I mean seriously. You can’t take a second longer to make sure your car is straight in the space, and you’re not overflowing into the spaces around you? Sheesh.
- People who talk loudly on their cell phones in libraries and book stores. I’m a bit more wiling to forgive it in a book store, since that is a retail location, but I’m not at all willing to do forgive that sort of nonsense in a library. I do understand that sometimes life happens and calls need to be made/taken but for crying out loud, keep your voice down.
- When people refuse to take responsibility for their own behavior, or admit that they’re wrong. There is never shame in accepting responsibility. On the contrary, accepting responsibility for your behavior and admitting when you’ve made a mistake takes bravery and strength. I wish more people could see that.
- When people refuse to accept another’s persons tastes/opinions as valid. So what if you hate romantic comedies or shopping or the color pink, or think more liberally than I do? Your different opinions are no less legitimate to me than my own, so why are mine so wrong to you?
- Keeping Up With the Kardashians. Honestly, Kim and the whole family just need to show themselves to the door already, and be done. And while I applaud Kim’s ability to parley her sex tape into fame and fortune for her whole family, I’m really sick of them.
- People who can’t manage to learn basic spelling and grammar, and are always spelling words incorrectly, or using the wrong one entirely. Some of the worst ones – your/you’re, their/they’re/there, pair/pear….and when people spell it “definately” instead of “definitely”.
What things make you crazy?